EE hen x with RIR

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tegaan1, Nov 16, 2013.

1. tegaan1

tegaan1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of chick I might get if I cross a EE hen with a RIR rooster. I am hoping for more EE'rs. Our most beautiful EE rooster was killed by either our neighbours dog or coyotes. I am sad and was hoping for EE chicks this spring....we only had 1 hen and 1 rooster of this type. not sure of the genetics and what is dominate etc.

I am also looking for anyone in the Vernon, Armstrong, salmon arm or Kelowna BC area that is looking to buy EE to split a shipment with.

Thanks kari[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

If she lays a blue egg her pullets will lay green eggs. If she lays a green egg some of her pullets might lay green eggs some of them might lay brown eggs.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yep. I've crossed green egg EE hens with brown egg roosters and got muddy green layers, green eggs with brown speckles (my kids call those camo eggs [​IMG] ) and just brown eggs. color wise on the chicks you'll probably have reddish chicks in different patterns, maybe some solid red, some more the pattern of the hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by