EE (i think) pullet... right?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MayhawJam, Jul 17, 2011.

1. MayhawJam

MayhawJam Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    Okay, so everyone called it 100% on my BA rooster. Now I'm wondering what you think about this one:

9 weeks. Ameracauna x Aruacana (i think that is what the breeder told me.) I swear the comb and wattles are pink sometimes, and redder other times. Could that be the heat? (I'm in Texas and we've been in the 100's a lot recently.) Her body is round, but the legs look thick. Purple coming in on the black feathers, but clearly not much of a tail, or saddle feathers. No crowing, and really no noise of any kind. For size comparison she's in with a BA of similar age, and a BR that is a 2-3 weeks older.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    How old is it? Is it a bantam? It looks like a golden laced wyandotte cross, there's nothing that would say EE in that chicken. He/she is pretty though. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Could be the camera or something, but those legs looks VERY yellow...

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    It looks like a bantam(?) Golden Laced Wyandotte/mix... The legs do look quite thick, and the comb and wattles look red and large... (I'm thinking out loud... [​IMG]) If the BA and BR are the same age and older, then this one looks like a cockerel. Do you know how old it is?

5. MayhawJam

Jun 27, 2011
    As it says above, she's 9 weeks old. The BR is about 2 weeks older - but she's also much larger than the one in question. I think the second photo of just the two of them shows that more. The BA is probably around the same age, but could be younger. She was the trade in for my BA roo - so I don't know exactly when she hatched.

And I'd say the legs are more white or pinkish than yellow...

She's not SUPPOSED to be a bantam, but she does look kinda "stumpy," huh? Are bantam chicks smaller than standard chicks? If so then she's definitely not a bantam.

Anyone else?

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    That's a poorly laced gold laced wyandotte, and at nine weeks I've gotta say roo.

7. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Looks like a Golden Laced Wyandotte cockerel..

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:X2

9. MayhawJam

Jun 27, 2011
    Thanks, everyone! Gotta say I agree with the GLW roo opinions. Went back and looked at some baby photos too - and although he was chipmunk-y he was pretty dark along the back - making him look more GLW than EE. To top it all off, I think he may also be a bantam!

Back to the ranch he goes - hopeful I can swap him out for a nice colored egg layer!

10. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    That is a golden laced Wyandotte [​IMG] nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by