EE, is she ready yet?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Crippledturkey, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Crippledturkey

Crippledturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    [​IMG]

I have a few EE's who I bought as americaunas from a feed store back in April, and not a one has laid yet. I posted a pic of one of the hens, I know the date is off on the pic, but had a battery mishap LOL. My question is, are they ready yet they hall have a pale peacomb and pale face compared to the sex links and RIR's. thank you.

2. Kaeta44

Kaeta44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Depends entirely on their age. Most breeds start laying between 20 and 26 weeks old. Not sure what age EE's start laying, but it will be somewhere between that age range.

http://muckycluckers.blogspot.com/

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Not yet. Her comb is still too pink. It will get redder and bigger when she's ready to lay. I got my EE's the first week of April, and 2 of the 3 started laying about a month ago. The 3rd one still hasn't laid yet.

4. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    My EE's are at 20 weeks now, and I keep thinking "any day now, any day now"......[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Getting close, but not there yet. She'll get really red around her eyes and beak when she's ready to lay.

6. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    shoot my EE is almost 30 weeks and NADDA!

[​IMG]

7. Crippledturkey

Crippledturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    Thank you guys, i figured it was too pink yet, but wanted to make sure, I am getting anxious to see their eggs lol.

8. arcatamarcia

arcatamarcia Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    My EE just laid her first egg at 24 weeks. Her comb was bright red. I think you've got a bit to go yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by