EE Markings?

ceeceeholt

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
Alabama
I have spent some time going through the threads of EE's, colors, markings, combs, etc! I read that black and white usually mean boy, but partridge(ish) feathering is girl. Now I am kind of confused on 3 of mine. I have a black EE that is 10 weeks, has goldish markings on neck, but I think she has partridge(ish) feathering.

103921_hershey_2.jpg

103921_hershey.jpg

Then 2 days ago I looked at Baby Ruth, she is orange/gold with dark in the back, but her comb is a single pea but now very red, feathers do not look partridge(ish)
103921_baby.jpg

103921_baby3.jpg

Last is Butterfinger now has some weird curly feathers on the top by her tail feathers, goldish in color with black, but she does have the partridge(ish) feathers

103921_butter_1.jpg

I think maybe I'm just reading to much and since I'm new to chickens, I'm seeing Roo everywhere!!
Thanks for any help you have for me!

Quote:
x2 we need to see the combs on Baby Ruth and Butterfinger. I see all pullets but if Babyruth has a red comb, probably a roo.... pics......

The only one I am slightly unsure on is Baby Ruth. The others are definitely girls. Baby Ruth is most likely a girl, but I'm not good enough at this to say 100% on her.

WHEWWWWWWWWWW....Thank you all for answering! Hershey the dark one, just looks, I don't know, scary? LOL I'm going to stop staring at them and thinking every little change means something new. I'll do the whole, lay an egg or crow!!
ya.gif

Your gold partridge and Butterfinger are 100% girls. I'm not sure on Baby Ruth, leaning towards boy just based on color. But that said, I have a girl myself that is that color and has the darker red on her wings. She lays me a pretty blue egg almost every day! I don't think she had the red that young, though. I am pretty sure it didn't develop until she was laying age. But if Baby Ruth has a small comb that isn't red, she's probably a girl.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom