EE mix????

chick rookie

Crowing
8 Years
Nov 29, 2013
Terre Haute, In
This was sold to me as an EE.... His legs are grey, but as he has grown well just don't know never had an EE with the funny mohawk before... Mix breed maybe?? What do you guys think?
I say he but not sure on that yet, I hope not, won't be able to keep him. Live in town and not allowed rosters.
IMG_20220820_200421000.jpg

This was sold to me as an EE.... His legs are grey, but as he has grown well just don't know never had an EE with the funny mohawk before... Mix breed maybe?? What do you guys think?
I say he but not sure on that yet, I hope not, won't be able to keep him. Live in town and not allowed rosters.
View attachment 3235129
I have Easter Eggers from Hoover's hatchery that are legbar mixes. They have the same crest/mohawk.

I have Easter Eggers from Hoover's hatchery that are legbar mixes. They have the same crest/mohawk.
Never heard of lake bars before I'll have to look them up thank you very much
Looks like a mix with Legbar to me, too. My OE looks pretty similar. She developed a comb early, but it stayed yellow/orange.
So you're saying even with that early comb it still might be a hen? that would be Awesome 😎
Thanks for the quick replies I know it's late I myself am getting ready to go to bed I have to work in the morning thanks guys good night everybody have a great morning

Here's my OE when she was about 4 weeks old. She doesn't have a crest, but he coloring is verrrry similar. And see that comb? Had me thinking cockerel, but she's a pullet for sure.
20220602_162528.jpg

And here she is recently at 16 wks (very front) with my 16 wk Legbar (very back). I know that EEs are hybrids where different breeds are sometimes mixed with Legbars to get those colored eggs. See the crest?
20220809_125538.jpg

Agree definitely some Legbar going on there.😊 More and more hatcheries are using the Crested Cream Legbars to create all kinds of new hybrids. Most inherit the little Mohawk. My Legbar/Welsummer mix OE at 10 weeks:
5C2DCC23-B716-4448-8D53-F9BEC3DC9A9B.jpeg

And now:
2A823E3D-A693-4B43-BE4D-C63ADA4460CC.jpeg

Picture is very grainy and hard to tell comb color. Can you get a clearer close up? How old?

There are different varieties of EEs. This one looks like an Olive Egger.
Think this will be to big with my pictures so I'll post them after this.
Was going to ask if they had yellow legs, but after looking around I see that they do.
Here's my OE when she was about 4 weeks old. She doesn't have a crest, but he coloring is verrrry similar. And see that comb? Had me thinking cockerel, but she's a pullet for sure.
View attachment 3235144

And here she is recently at 16 wks (very front) with my 16 wk Legbar (very back). I know that EEs are hybrids where different breeds are sometimes mixed with Legbars to get those colored eggs. See the crest?
View attachment 3235148
I've never seen them before but I think they look awesome I think I have a new favorite breed of chicken.... 😍

Have to correct something from my first post I did not notice when I said it they have gray legs I meant to say they don't for some reason they don't did not come in it's what I get for using talk to text LOL
Also from what I have read about them as far as sexing I think the lighter colored gray is maybe a rooster what do you all think just based on his tail set
IMG_20220825_083628334.jpg
IMG_20220825_083645773.jpg
IMG_20220825_083619593.jpg
IMG_20220825_083619593.jpg

Back
Top Bottom