EE not so sure anymore

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylverfly, May 20, 2010.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    I thought this was an EE but I’m starting to wonder about that. She doesn’t look like my other EEs and this is a terrible pic but she has a comb like a leghorn only smaller, straight comb then it flops over to one side. She also doesn’t act like one of the others she’s very standoffish and almost aggressive at times. She also lays a brown egg not pink, not blue or green. So do you think she’s an EE or could she be something else? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    an EE can have any comb type and lay any color egg. very cool looking comb though!

3. Manda0227

Manda0227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Im certainly no expert... but I've been reading a lot on here- and one thing that has been brought to my attention is because EE's are mixes, and not a pure breed that they can come out like anything. Have any comb, any color legs, and any color eggs. Someone else who knows more will come along! Pretty bird though!!

4. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    the muffs and the beard have EE written all over them....maybe crossed with a Welsummmer or something? That's just a guess by her coloring. Sorry she's a meanie, we have one of those too ~ Kim

5. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    She looks like an EE even with that comb. EE's can have any comb really, just depends what the hatchery is doing.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    She has a beard, so she is an EE.

7. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Ok thanks everyone, she’s kind of a useless bird I guess, no green eggs, rarely lays a brown egg, and she’s mean on top of it…I tell you if I wasn’t a vegetarian... [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Too bad she is mean and not a great egg layer...she sure is pretty [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by