EE, OE, Ameraucana, how many boys do I have??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken5555, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Chicken5555

Chicken5555 Chillin' With My Peeps

Can you'all tell me if I have a that look like cockerels yet? I know it's early, but the curiosity is killing me.
    They're three and a half weeks old.

[​IMG] Sassi (left) and Frass (right)

[​IMG] Gray (left) and Red (right)

[​IMG] Renegade (left) and Blue (right)

[​IMG] Food

[​IMG] Duck Feet

[​IMG] Left to Right... Jay, Kay and Wormy

[​IMG] Crook Neck (left) and Spotty (right)

[​IMG] no names yet

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Right off I think Blue, Food and No Name Left are cockerels.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with donrae

4. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Agree with donrae & drumstick diva

5. Chicken5555

It's been a few weeks and my chicks are a couple day shy of seven weeks old. I have some new pictures of my 16 chicks. I have an idea which ones may be pullets or cockerels, but I would love your thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First up we have Golden Wing.... one of the three biggest
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spotty is the smallest (always has been!). Pullet?
    [​IMG]
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Duck Feet - the only chick with yellow feet - cockerel?
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filet' - cockerel?
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sauté - cockerel?
    [​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue - cockerel?
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crook Neck (this one's neck rested on it's back when drinking the 1st few weeks, hence the name - pullet?
    [​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renegade - pullet?
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay - pullet?
    [​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kay - pullet?
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wormy - pullet?
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food - cockerel?
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sassy - pullet?
    [​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frass - pullet
    [​IMG]

Gray - sorry for blurry picture - pullet?
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red (left) with Wormy - is Red a cockerel?
    [​IMG]

6. Chicken5555

How many boys?? Thanks.

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA

8. Chicken5555

JuneBugGena - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! You have no idea how happy you just made me with the breed identification. Thank you for helping me with gender too. I'll get better pictures of the ones you mentioned as soon as I can. It might be a day or two though.

If I were to cross an Ameraucana male (when he's mature) with an white egg layer, would the EE offspring's eggs be green, blue or white? White egg color is recessive, right? Thank you again for your help!!

9. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    You should get blue egg layers from that cross. Green comes from the brown egg 'coating' applied on a blue eggshell.

1 person likes this.
  10. Chicken5555

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's been awhile since I last posted, so here are some updated pictures of my big babies - well, at least the one's who'd let me photograph them LOL. They're 10 weeks old now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by