EE or Ameracauna?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rainerlynn, Feb 3, 2016.

1. rainerlynn

rainerlynn New Egg

Jan 17, 2016
    Arcadia, louisiana
    Supposed to be americauna but the differences are confusing to me. Eggs are pale mint green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    The easiest way for me to find the difference is to ask, Where did you buy her?

3. rainerlynn

rainerlynn New Egg

Jan 17, 2016
    Arcadia, louisiana

I bought them at a hardware store last year as chicks. I'm thinking EE. If you dint mind me asking. How do you tell the difference by where you buy?

4. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    You will never find a Real Ameraucana at a feedstore or similar, the only way to obtain a real Ameraucana is from a Good Breeder ^^

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Pretty Easter egger hen. I like EE more than Ameraucana, personally. I like the variety in feather color, and the range of egg colors. The true blue of the Ameraucana are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I like all those shades of green one gets with EE hens. Plus, in my experience, EE lay much better as the hatcheries breed for egg production.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    They are Easter Eggers. Not only do they lack any of the SOP color patterns of true Ameraucanas, true Ameraucanas lay blue eggs, not pale mint green.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    EE's

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by