EE or Ameraucana? & what color is this silkie?

ChandraM

Chirping
7 Years
May 27, 2014
Boulder Creek, CA
I'm new to chickens, and the answers don't really matter since I <3 all my girls (hopefully all girls), but I'm curious.

I have 2 chickens that were sold to me by my normally very reputable feed store as Ameraucanas, but I'm really starting to think they are EEs. Which is fine because I just wanted colored eggs and docile birds. These EE/AM are about 11 weeks old. Both have greenish black legs. Autumn has ear tufts, Pearl does not. Both have tails.

Autumn & Pearl

Close up of autumn sleeping on my knee, her grey underneath is almost lavender, you can almost see it in the first picture.

2nd question - I have a silkie chick that is about 5-6 weeks old, given to me by a friend as the rest of her silkie peeps were taken by predators in her free range flock and she knew I wanted one. Not sure what color the parentage is but both parents were silkies (I think the dad was black, but the mom could be any of buff, white, black or splash). What color do you think she will turn out to be?

Your 2 top chickens are EE, and feed stores do advertise as ameracanas which is crap cause that's not what they are. But you will get pretty colored eggs from both girls! I love my EE :) not sure the color for the silkie, it almost looks like a lavender but I'm not positive with that :)

I was pretty sure, but Autumn's ear tufts were throwing me off. They are sweet girls, both love to be held and pet. Pearl is probably my friendliest chicken, she loves to perch on my knee and spread her wings so I can pet under them. I love the chirping purr noise they make :)

Back
Top Bottom