EE or Ameraucauna? Boy or Girl? Opinions please

cowgirl boots

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 23, 2011
This baby hatched from a pale blue egg. The man we got the egg from called them "Ameraucaunas". The first pic is at 2 weeks. The second pic is 5 days. The
third is 2 days. Any help would be appreciated.
B]
B]

Last edited:
Well I'm not sure. I know only a little about both breeds, but it's more likely to be an EE if the guy was just an everyday backyard breeder. I'm not trying to make backyard breeding sound bad but sometimes people just don't know the difference between the breeds and ameraucaunas are more desirable.

Well I'm not sure. I know only a little about both breeds, but it's more likely to be an EE if the guy was just an everyday backyard breeder. I'm not trying to make backyard breeding sound bad but sometimes people just don't know the difference between the breeds and ameraucaunas are more desirable. 
Thanks for your input!

Its an EE. Ameraucanas dont have stripe.....and come in blue, black, splash, white ....and I think thats it. ....I have both...prefer Ameraucanas to EE bc they are just prettier to me. EE are good birds too. Check out www.ameraucana.org. for more info on the different colors, and what they will look like as they are growing. Another good site with pictures of the breed are www.feathersite.com. it has a wealth of information about all breeds .

As far as gender, too early to tell.

Well, the top pic is from Ameraucauna.org website's chick pics listed as a silver ameraucauna chick, the bottom is of the chick in question. Several seem to have stripes.

Back
Top Bottom