EE or Araucana ROO? +what color? (pic heavy)

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Songster
10 Years
Jan 23, 2010
Berry Creek, Ca
Got this gorgeous <1yr old rooster from a lady(Free!!!). She told me he was araucana that wasn't up to standards. He's more lengthy and has a tail but its sparse because he's not supposed to have one is what she said.

She seemed to know her breeds and said he came from Little Gem Hatchery. Well I see they dont seem to have aruacanas now but did they last year?

He has no muffs and I'm unsure about a beard.

She said he was splash but I dont know?!
idunno.gif

So what breed? Would you call him an EE? or a 'not up to standards araucana'? or araucana X? It really doesn't matter to me I just want to know what im crossing with my EE's!

What would you call his coloring? He's white. but he has black, mahogony spots and creamy highlights.

Oh and he's the sweetest thing EVER!!!
love.gif

chickieees093.jpg

chickieees095.jpg

chickieees092.jpg

Does he have a beard?
roo.jpg

47583_feb2010_031.jpg

47583_chickieees_090.jpg

Here's him eating with his girls just cause its cute!
47583_feb2010_022.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks. I LOVE him! I'm wondering what colors he might pass down too.

I have 6 eggs developing as a test batch(was checking fertility!!) I'm hoping for some girls his color eventually!! and also trying to work on EE's that color in the future! the browns and yellows are too camoflauge! He sticks out like a sore thumb!

Last edited:
I would think there is splash with an overcast of red. He IS gorgeous! I would be curious if the roos will come out looking like him. Keep us posted when you hatch some chicks.

Back
Top Bottom