EE or maybe a silkie cross F2??!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tobit, Feb 20, 2015.

1. tobit

tobit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    This is my little hen i acquired today, she has clean, 4 toed, green (is the correct term willow?) legs, a little crest, tiny wattles, mainly blue earlobes and quite long tail! They lady i bought her (and the weslummer, who she thought was a barnevelder!!) from said it was an ameraucana, we'll have to wait on the eggs to verify egg colour but what do you guys think? Oh and i think she has a little pea comb... i cant remember what it was like but thats what it seems like on the pic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

shes quite small compared to the welsummer, and has a rather long tail (she flies well too!)
    [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Is she laying yet? If she lays brown or white eggs, she's just a mix, probably with Silkie or Polish. If she lays green or blueish eggs, you can call her an Easter Egger.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

4. chickengirl1230

chickengirl1230 Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like a welsummer mixed with a silkie and since silkies are rather small, that would explain her size. She is gorgeous!

5. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    Looks like an Easter egger. I would guess araucana (uk version) mix due to the crest and pea comb.

6. tobit

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    I've had no eggs from her yet so we'll have to wait and see! whats the difference between a UK version and say a USA version? If she was half silkie would she not have partly feathered legs and possibly 5 toes?

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I agree she's probably a UK Aracauna and should lay blue eggs. A silkie mix would have black skin, feathered legs, five toes and usually a beard and more of a crest.

8. tobit

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    Thanks guys!!![​IMG]

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop

10. drewskimac

drewskimac Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Siloam Springs, AR
    EE's can lay brown eggs just as well as green or blueish. The only specification of easter eggers is that they have the colored egg gene. Plus, we have to remember that EE's are a "mix" in the first place. However, if she lays green/blue eggs then yes, you're correct, she is an easter egger.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by