EE pullet hasn't laid in almost 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by koolfunchicks, Jul 2, 2016.

1. koolfunchicks

koolfunchicks Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2015
    Hi Guys,

My EE started laying pale green eggs on June 4. Her last egg was laid June 12 or 13th. It has been 20 days with no green egg. The rest of my hens lay brown eggs. Our hens free range 1-2 hours a day when I am out with them; there is no hidden nest. She was the first to lay at 19 weeks, 3 days. She is acting fine. The flock did have a scare two weeks ago when my dog snuck into the free range area and caused quite a commotion. Should I be worried? Is it possible that her eggs changed color to brown? Might it be stress from the dog? The other six hens are laying regularly.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    My experiences with EE is that they lay for a while than quit, than a month or two later they lay for a while and quit. I personally have found them to be poor producers, but they are mostly bred for egg color not production.

3. koolfunchicks

koolfunchicks Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2015
    Oldhenlikesdogs,
    Thank you for responding. It is helpful to know that others have experienced this. I was so excited to see her first few eggs and then so perplexed when she stopped. I will stop worrying and enjoy her antics until she decides to give us more eggs. Thanks again.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by