EE pullet laying brown eggs

pattypenny

Songster
12 Years
Sep 27, 2007
100_2865.jpg

I have 10 EE pullets that are 21 weeks old this week good news is one is laying bad news is the egg is brown. I hope at least some of them will lay blue/green eggs. Nothing is gained by making plans with chickens. They follow their own path.

Last edited:
Yes, they can lay brown but I thought the same thing last year. I have 3 EE's and I thought they were laying brown eggs too but as it turned out, they were from some one else. It ended up they all lay green/blue eggs. Could it be one of the others maybe?

Quote:
I am sure some of the others will lay blue ones. With my EE's, the two that laid an egg first, were both a light brownish tan! Then, just few days later...I got a blue egg. and then another, and then another....

We bought ours from Mt Healthy. Where did you get your from?

Also..the eggs in my avatar show the first blue one I got.
smile.png
I bet you get a blue one soon.

Last edited:
It happens, I have an EE that lays a creamy white egg.........she was my first EE and I was so excited to get a green/blue egg so I know your disappointment
sad.png
But don't worry, one of 'em is bound to get you the colors your looking for
big_smile.png

Alabama ee, I got the EEs at the feed store and they got them from Mt. Healthy. I hope some will be blue/green. I guess our chickens are cousins.

Quote:
You will get one soon.

We received 18 total. I kept 7 (one roo and the rest hens). A friend of mine got 6, and the other 5 I sold before they had eggs. With the ones I kept, 3 had brown eggs, and 3 had blue eggs. My friend who had 6 had all blue layers. The others I am not sure since it was someone I didn't know. However, those are pretty good odds that you will get at least some out of your 10. With my friend's chickens and mine added together , we had 12 chickens. Out of both of ours, 9 are blue layers.

Let us all know when you get that 1st blue egg!

I can top that. All the EEs I got at TSC, hoping to add some blue/green eggs to add to my sale eggs, turned out to be roosters! Even the one with the pale comb and round feathers. Turned out he was a late bloomer.

Back
Top Bottom