EE Pullet or Cockerel?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HighNDryFarm, Jun 6, 2011.

1. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    I'm asking about the white EE on the top (the one on the bottom is a cockerel). It's about 3 months old and while I don't think I see any feathering for a boy like the hatch mate in the picture sports. From what I've read it would be an unusual coloring to be a pullet....I don't want to have to add this one to my boys for sale!

[​IMG]

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    From what I can see the white one looks like a pullet to me, but its not a straight on view.

3. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Looks like a girl to me... but would be nice to see a shot of the comb [​IMG]

4. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Looks like a pullet. : )

5. HighNDryFarm

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Thanks for the replies! I looked for a shot of her face but out of about 5 picture's of her, her heads turned on all but this one! LOL The comb is very small and light orange. I'll try to get a front shot and post it.

6. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    It may be unusual, but I have a black and white EE that is a hen and lays a pretty green egg for me 4-5 times per week. [​IMG] I have another that is 6 weeks old and looks similar. We shall see on that one.

7. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Do you have a picture of <his> comb? At this point, I would guess rooster. I have had 2 white/black hens but this one reminds me of a rooster.

eta: I guess I"m the one swimming upstream with guesses. Sorry.. if the comb (as you wrote while I was posting) is pink and not red, then I may change my vote! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  8. HighNDryFarm

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Quote:OK, I'm going out to get a picture right now! BRB [​IMG]

9. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Look at the beautiful streamers on the roosters neck feathers... very long, definite sign of being a boy along with the red comb on the bottom chicken. Now on the top one... no streamers on the neck, and if the comb hasn't darkened much, good tell tale sign your white/black is a she.

10. HighNDryFarm

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    OK....dang this one is hard to get to look at me! And with my roo looking over I didn't dare pick her up! He's a nice boy but don't fool with any of his charges!

Lighting kind of bright (and it's raining???) but you can see the comb isn't has big or dark as her hatchmate shown in the second picture and the original, these two hang together.

[[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by