1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Azriel, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    This little one is about 10 weeks. I sure would like it to be a pullet. It only has 1 row of peas, and I'm not seeing any pointed saddle feathers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Moose The Ameraucana

Moose The Ameraucana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Seattle
    The comb says Pullet & your right no saddle feathers and shes fluffy not lean [​IMG]

3. MattalynsBarn

MattalynsBarn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Looks like a pullet to me!

4. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    MMMMM I'd be on the look out for this one, her/his comb looks too ridish for her/his age, plus roos usually are the ones that get those bright red feathers, as they are getting their true colors.
    BTW is she an Olive Egger?

5. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    I don't think He/She is an olive egger, I hatched this one out of eggs from Bargan. She/he doesn't have any muffs, but I would think its from her pen with the Lav.Amer. roo with the pretty Lav base color.

6. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Wow, I wonder if that is what I have to look forward to. I have 10 chicks from Bargain and 4 are blue/reddish brown color. Still young though at 3 weeks. Beautiful bird.

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    It is a cockeral

8. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    With that red comb and those colors popping out, I am thinking it's going to end up a roo. Keep it updated when you find out!

9. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Wow what a gorgeous bird! I unfortunately have to go with roo too.

It's comb in the first picture actually appears to be more of a straight comb than pea comb, so the row counting wouldn't work. Also, crash0330 is right, red leakage on the body usually means your EE is a male.

It's too bad he didn't inherit the muff. But who knows, maybe a small one will crop up later on!

10. Moose The Ameraucana

Moose The Ameraucana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Seattle
    Quote:Yeah i didnt see the 10 weeks probably a roo because it is very red comb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by