ee roo just jumped on my head! ***edited with question

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AHappychick, Jan 14, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I went to go count the toes of some of my chickens (long story) anyway my roo was NOT having it and flew around the coop and landed on my head!!! no injuries... ....I knew he was no good he kept giving me the eye. I made a poking motion at him with my little broom, but did not have anything long enough to reach him. I did hit him off of me though.... he is gonna end up dinner one day anyway but at the moment I need the little bugger, or do I...

this is my first Rooster attack although it is also the first roo I did not eat or trade. Before I joined BYC (which was not very long ago) sad to say I did not know that they could be so aggressive, then I started reading posts and omg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I guess you're lucky he didn't scratch one of your eyes or something! I'm sure he'll make great soup!!!

Don't give up on roos, though. There are lots of very sweet ones out there and they are worth having to cull a few to find them!!!

[​IMG]

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    ok I know I sound like a baby but now I am afraid to go into the coop to get my eggs. This is my winter "hide my roo in the garage coop" so it does not have a trap door for egg collection, although it will by next week! What should I do? should I collect when they are sleeping?

4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Okay.. here's what you do..

1. go buy RED Playtex gloves

2. Fill one glove up with cotton balls

3. Stick on your head and secure with string

4. Take feather duster and secure to backside

5. go out into chicken coop and crow like mad, running at offensive rooster

6. collect eggs!

TA DA!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:I might actually consider that lol but I am thinking that might start a fight lol and he's a big one and has the advantage of flight! Actually the coop is pretty small about 8X10 so I feel as though it is tight quarters to say the least. in addition when I want to grab him for culling I should do it with a blanket maybe, or a net? or just grap him when he is sleeping???

7. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    Fishing net works good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by