EE roo?...Update!!

lilbirdee

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
Ridgefield, WA
Got this chick from the feed store. Sold as an Americana. The one thing I have learned here is that it is an EE.
It's about 5 weeks old.
Been suspecting it's a cockerel. Very aggressive and it's stance is different. It's got pretty long legs. And isn't there something about pointy tail feathers?
Please give me your opinions and the reasons why you think hen or roo. I am truly trying to learn here.
And while I'm asking questions...tell me about leg colors. This one has blue legs and the other EE that I have has green legs.
24964_group_2_007a.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh don't tell me that!!!! Don't tell me that Rosie is really Richie! I have two 'white' EE's and at least two Redish EE's. 6 EE's total. They are supposed to be pullets. **update** I have 4 white & 2 reddish.
sad.png

You mean this is more than likely a rooster?
29942_img_5218.jpg

Last edited:
I know I got mine out of the pullet bin and its the sweetest little chicken. Loves to be held.

But constantly spars with my SLW.

So lilbirdee, I dont know what to tell you.

Fortunately my other EE is reddish & blueish.
And I figured that out of 20 chicks at least one would be a roo. So I decided that one (but only 1) rooster would be a good thing to have with my free range flock. I have a buff orp that is questionable too and so if I end up with more than one rooster, I'll keep the one that I like best.
It'll be interesting to see out of the 20, which ones actually are the hens.
Thanks for playing the guessing game with me!

Here's my other EE. I just love her coloring. She's a sweetie. Her name is Pansy
24964_group_2_011a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom