1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE rooster - Maine - hubby says he's gotta go

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Grindlefamily, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    He is just the most handsome young (about 1 yr) rooster. BUT we live too close to neighbors and hubby doesn't want them to be upset (although their dog can bark all the time).

Anyone???

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

We are really close to the BYC gathering, I bet you can sell or trade him there. Only a few more weeks, you go talk to the neighbors and let them know you are headed off with him on the 27th.
    People are always willing to get roos!

3. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    LOL it's more the hubby than the neighbors! He almost rung its neck this am [​IMG] - I was just chatting with a friend, may try the livestock auction in Skowhegan tomorrow with her - she's taking her goat up. LOL he's free - I don't want any money just a home that is not here!

Like I said, he's adorable, just too talkative for hubby.

Louella

4. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    tell hubby to embrace the crowing for what it is. A joy at being alive and being male.

All males do it, this show of machoism. The gorilla beats his chest , the rooster crows. the man gets all puffed up and refuses to ask for directions.

Anyway I'm sure someone will want your beautiful Roo for their hens to make pretty babies.

5. redkan

redkan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Central Maine
    LOL, so Costello and your husband don't like each other so much? If you need to you can bring him back ...... and take mom and her babies. [​IMG] I can always take/send him to the Chickenstock in Litchfield.

6. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Did you find him a home?

7. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    Costello has a new home - where he can crow to his hearts desire! I'm not sure how many hens he has, but from what I understand he'll be happy there.

8. redkan

redkan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Central Maine
    Great!!! The best solution of course.

I really hoped I wouldn't have to take him back. [​IMG]

9. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    yay costello,
    [​IMG]

10. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Aww, if I didn't have a cockerel I would take him. I only have 13 pullets as of now so I am not going to push it.
    Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by