EE Rooster origin

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SemperFiChicken, Mar 16, 2018.

1. SemperFiChicken

SemperFiChicken Chirping

Mar 20, 2017
    Baxter, TN
    I understand that EE’s are basically a mutt type of chicken. I know tracing what breeds they’ve come from can but nothing but a guess and I’ve seen a wide variety in the time I've been tasing a backyard flock. The attached photo is my rooster “Lil Wayne”. I’ve seen severa other people on here and YouTube that have IDENTICAL looking EE roosters so I know they have to come from similar breeds. Does anyone have any ideas of what his gene pool may be? I just crossed him with my RIR and my Cuckoo Olive Egger, the chicks are gorgeous and appear to have muffs. Can’t wait to see what they turn out to look like.

Attached Files:

OF65 likes this.
  2. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    Sorry--golden duckwing coloration isn't hugely common, but it's common enough that I recognise it on sight.

As long as one of the parents were duckwing pattern and one carried silver and another carried gold, you'll get a lot of roosters that look like yours.

Gorgeous boy though, all the same.

SemperFiChicken likes this.
  3. SemperFiChicken

SemperFiChicken Chirping

Mar 20, 2017
    Baxter, TN
    I’ve never heard of any of those, thanks for the info. It’ll give me some stuff to research for the heck of it.

sylviethecochin likes this.
  4. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
  5. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Crowing

Sep 25, 2015
    What made you name him lil Wayne?

6. SemperFiChicken

SemperFiChicken Chirping

Mar 20, 2017