EE Roosters in Ventura County, CA to rehome

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by fishermans wife, Feb 4, 2013.

1. fishermans wife

fishermans wife Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    I hatched out several EE roosters about 4 months ago, and they are slated to be butchered this week. They are beautiful, but alas way too many for my small flock! I just thought I would offer them first to anyone in my area, as I certainly would prefer to rehome! I would be happy to email pictures if interested! I am in Oak View, CA (Ventura County). The hens are either blue or green egg layers, the daddy rooster is an ee who has produced hens that lay blue or green eggs, so I believe they will be strong carriers of that color egg.

2. fishermans wife

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    I still have 2 roos available! I find the EE roos to have such a great temperment!

3. kimmie46

kimmie46 New Egg

Feb 24, 2013
    Hello"Im looking for A friendly roo or hen?I live in Laguna and we can only have two in this city.They
    will be for pets.Thank you.[​IMG]

4. fishermans wife

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    Both my roos are Easter Eggers, and I find they are very mild mannered! They have never shown aggression toward me or anyone else! I am not one to hold roosters a whole lot, but I think they could get to that point pretty easily. They are still young, but beautifully feathered out. I don' t have any hens available , but would love to find a home for my rooster(s). I can try to get pictures in the morning and post them here if you would like!

5. fishermans wife

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    Finally - pictures!
    [​IMG]
    Roo #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roo# 2 (both pics)

6. pretty birds! I live in SLO county I (BIG MAYBE) be able to take 1!

7. fishermans wife

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    If you decide that you can and want to , my husband works in Santa Barbara, and could easily meet you there! Just let me know!

8. fishermans wife

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    Both are still available. I have one main roo that is working overtime to keep the peace, but I need to remove at least one of these guys!

9. christal1980

christal1980 New Egg

Mar 21, 2013
    Palmdale California
    I live in Palmdale but my family is in ventura and moorpark. I may be able to take 1 as I am in the area fairly often. Let me know if u still have your boys. I have 3 hens here as pets. Thanks Christal

10. fishermans wife

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    Hi Cristal I actually re-homed both of them yesterday plus one juvenile that I had! I was thrilled to find homes! Thank you so much for thinking of me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by