1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE started to craw at 4.5 weeks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by francheska5608, May 13, 2011.

1. francheska5608

francheska5608 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    I have few EE 4.5 weeks chicks and one of then not only tryed to attack big roo but today started to craw. I don't feed them hormones:)
    Any comments?
    thank you,
    francheska

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Just being a little buttheaded cockerel. Once the testosterone starts flowing it seems like it will never stabilize, but it does. Just be sure big roo doesn't decide he's had enough of it and kill the little one.

3. francheska5608

Mar 10, 2011
    Thank you,

I hope he won't be a monster roo. I had bantan one once . he attacked all men coming to the property from behind. He fell like a hero on a battle field protectiong standard flock from prey bird.
    Thanks,
    Francheska

4. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    [​IMG]

Any experience ive had with a roo crowing at such a young age & showing signs of normal cocky rooster behavior usually means they will be a bit of an issue when they get older. Try to break him of it while you can lol !

5. francheska5608

Mar 10, 2011
    Thanks,

i never now how to break children or husband. How to break a roo?
    By the way you have a great motto ( i hope i name it right - i am not really a native english speaker or writer)
    would be much easy in Russian

Francheska

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Francheska,
    Beautiful name by the way [​IMG]

I don't have time tonight, unfortunately.
    I have written myself a note and tomorrow I will try to find one of our members that can translate some information on keeping roosters from becoming difficult from english to russian for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by