1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE stopped laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by glovekelly, Oct 2, 2015.

1. glovekelly

glovekelly New Egg

Oct 2, 2015
    Utah
    I'm new to chicken keeping and this is my first post. I've gotten a lot of great info reading on here the last few months. I have 9, 28 week old pullets. 3 Wyandotte, 3 Barred Plymouth Rock and 3 EE. We got our first brown egg at 21 weeks. We got a blue egg a few days later and consistently got one blue or green egg a day, along with 4 brown for about 3 weeks. I wasn't sure which EE one was laying because none of them had the sure signs like my other girls they were about to lay ,(I honestly thought one of my other girls had a mutant blue egg gene), the reddening of the waddles, squatting when you put a hand over them. Then all of a sudden, no more blue and green eggs. I'm consistently getting about 5 brown eggs a day. Should I be worried?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] As long as all of the EE are apparently fine - eating, drinking and acting otherwise normal, I would not worry. In my experience pullets can sometimes be inconsistent in production. Especially so for EE as they have been selected more for egg color than for maximum productivity.

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

I would ask if you are free ranging.....they may be laying out in the range area somewhere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by