EE

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by castrofarm, Dec 15, 2016.

1. castrofarm

castrofarm New Egg

Jul 20, 2014
    My EE was laying a pastel green egg and she stopped laying about two months ago.

I have a very light colored cream/light brown egg... is it possible for EEs to lay different colors than original. Everything I've read says no.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    Hi and :welcome
    From what I have heard and from experience
    Hens can't change the colour of their eggs.
    Goodluck
    Fionn.

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Yeah, No..........

Cheers!

4. sfurbish

sfurbish Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2016
    I got EEs for the first time last March. This summer when they started laying one gave large green eggs and the other gave smaller light blue eggs. The larger EE started a molt in late October and hasn't started laying again yet, but the smaller one's eggs turned to a pearl white and lost all the blue shading around that same time. I have 10 hens and wifi cameras in my coop and monitor what chickens lay which eggs (hey, I'm retired). So depite what others here have said, one of my EEs went from laying blue eggs to laying white.

5. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    They do lighten up the longer they are laying. EE are sporadic layers. Some a great some not so much. More than likely she took a little break.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by