1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ee?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by andrealeec, May 11, 2011.

1. andrealeec

andrealeec Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2011
    So when I got my chicks, I got what I thought were 3 EE's, 3 BO's, 2 SLW's, and 3 RIR's. My 2 RIR's are red. One of my easter egger's is all yellow, but with the green legs and puffy cheeks. The other ones have similar markings to this one except this one does not have the chipmunk cheeks, is not feathering out as fast, and it has pink legs. Is there a possibility it is a different breed chick?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are about 2 1/2 weeks old now.

2. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Sure looks alot like my speckled sussex chicks at that age.

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:THat is what I was thinking exactly.

4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Looks like it could be a sussex,where did you get them from?

5. andrealeec

Apr 10, 2011
    I got them from my local feed store's chick day. They came from Ideal Hatchery.

6. I'm going to step out on a limb and say that is indeed an EE. I have one that looks like that (no puffs, face is the same, etc).

7. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I was thinking it could be but it is identical to my speckleds down to the leg color but EEs could be anything though. But still going with the specked sussex. LOL

8. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Quote:AGREE ! MINE ARE IDENTICAL!

9. andrealeec

Apr 10, 2011
    Well, the RIR bin had these ones mixed in. I just assumed it was an EE because it looked like the other ones. Now that they are getting bigger, you can tell it's different. This one has a sprouting comb and the 3 other EE's do not. This one has pink feet and they have green feet. I guess I will see in a couple months!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by