EEEEEEEE!

Fly Be Free

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
South Carolina
So, I got my eggs to incubate on Monday. However, on Sunday I stuck in a couple of my bantam hens' eggs. I was just curious if anything would happen.

Well, today I candeled the first of them.
ep.gif
I saw veins!!!!!!

I know I know, all you pros are like, "Yup. That'll happen when you incubate a fertile egg." But still I've never done this before and to witness the life growing in that egg after it sat on my dresser for 3 days... I'm just gobsmacked! It's so tiny!!!

I don't know if he'll make it or not. But it's still a wonder to me.

My temps keep fluctuating between 98 and 101. Got a spike of 102 but I don't think it was for long as I check them throughout the day.

What is the ideal humidity y'all try to keep? Mine is in the upper 40's. (47, 48)

Oh, trust me, each of us who have incubated eggs have experienced that flush of "It's ALIVE!" upon seeing the veins forming in an egg. I get it even now, just tickled pink to see life developing inside the shell. And when they hatch, it's a miracle, I tell ya! A living chick from something I just might as easily have eaten for breakfast 21 days earlier. Simply awesome!

Thanks guys. :) I should take a pic too Tami.

I showed my dh when he got home from work. LOL He was like, "awww. neat". He just now passed through the living room on the way to play with our son and asked,"Is that one you ordered?" When I said no, it's from our bantam pair he grinned from ear to ear and gave me two thumbs up.

Goof!

Last edited:
That pic wasn't the best one but you can still see the dark spot and the veins. I took a video of a chick moving around in the egg but was unable to upload it...
hit.gif
You should go take a pic and post it too Fly Be Free!! Would love to see it!! I think all of our DH's are goofs when it comes to things like this!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom