EEEEEEEEVIIIIILLLLLLLL SERAMA

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bunch-a-chickens, Dec 11, 2007.

1. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    Why can't they just lay eggs that actually hatch? out of 18 eggs 14 could be put in the incubator, only two have developed and they're do today through tomorrow and no pip. since some where broken I guess I should blame shipping and packing. So now out of a total of 29 eggs and $50 I have two serama chicks and whats in the 'bator that hasn't hatched. I'm soo frustrated! [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    yikes! sorry to hear that. did you buy them on ebay or eggbid?

3. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    ebay ugh

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I bought some RIR's and all the eggs went bad. I'm holding my breath on the last one, but I don't hold out much hope.

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Hey lone cowboy!

When are your eggs due? Mine are this Saturday and already some of them have about only a couple inches left of room in the eggs! Gosh I hope they are ok!!! :eek:

I hope your eggs hatch and we will all be wanting pics:bun

6. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Go through Frank. So many people have had such excellent hatches. I had 2 dozen in the bator(sent 27, 3 were broken, but the eggs were packaged excellently), and they're peeping right now!!! Out of 24, 2 were clear, and 4 were developing questionably. 18 were absolutely perfect though.

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, Frank is great!!

I would just be careful shipping eggs right now because of the freezing weather and the post office frenzy at this time of the year.

I wish we could all come up with a better way to get our eggs to each other!!!!

Lori

8. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

i am very leary of shipping anything right now, unless it is very close.. nc,sc,tn, etc....

i would be happy to help you out on some eggs , but shipping could be a issue.. you have to set serama's at a higher temp 99.5-100.5....

and 50-60% humidity start and 70% after 15 days...... they are not reg chickens .. they are a jungle fowl type from a jungle climate--------malaysian ----kinda warm climate..

bunches,,, if those eggs came from me which i don't think they did, i will make it right!!!!!

thanks for the kind words guys...

ps, i am getting eggs off my brian sparks roo's and hens now which are very fertile. i am setting those now for fertility check and for breeding stock for the summer of next year, but will make those eggs available for all, next spring.

thanks for everything guys.....

9. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    I agree with the others.. your eggs gotta be fresh and fertile.. Frank has the best hatching rate on shipped seramas.. Certainly get some from him.. [​IMG] don't give up!!
    Denna

10. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dont' mean to hijack the thread but, Frank, your message box is full!!!

Anyway, Bunch-a-chickens - maybe you live close enough to Frank to overcome the shipping dilema??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by