1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EEEEEKKKK!!! dark black jeans + freshly bleached countertops... HELP!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    My darling son....

We went to the mall today and spent the last of his Christmas gift cards... he decided to get these new jeans at his Fave store D-Tox (skater store) he bought 2 pair of jeans. One was the dark dark black and the other was blue...

well lets fast forward this story to ummm say 3 minutes ago. I am in the kitchen and I tell everyone that I am bleaching the cutlery and the mugs and glasses due to my dad being sick over the hoildays and hacking all over everything. and now hubby has a scratchy throat and so does our daughter. So while I am in the kitchen I decide not to waste the hot soapy bleach water in the sink from after bleaching the other items so I decide to wash the counter tops and the light switches and the door knobs to the cupboards (I know I know some one stop me! LOL)

Well my son with his brand new black jeans on come in and SITS ON THE FRESHLY BLEACHED COUNTER [​IMG] I flipped out and told him that he was sitting on a wet counter that was just bleached and told him to rush upstairs and soak his jeans in cold water in the bath tub. I am hoping it will dilute the bleach and fast enough so that there is no damage caused to his jeans.

whats the chance he just threw $80 down the drain?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    That probably took care of it.....if not, it'll be an interesting pattern on the hiney side...

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Eeek..
    What do they look like now?
    Worse comes to worse..he can maybe dye them black again?

4. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Or bleach out the front too???

5. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Not a total loss even if it bleaches. Just have to redye them and let them soak in vinegar afterwards to set the dye.

6. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

or splash some more bleach on them in a random pattern and make 80.00 jeans into 120.00 jeans [​IMG]

7. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:he has just checked on them and said there was no damage but i guess we will only find out when they totally dry now [​IMG] boys I tell ya... this one has really got to start using his noggin!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  8. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Just an FYI...... vinegar is the best way to counteract to bleach. They neutralize each other

9. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:cool good to know incase he decides to be a boob again...lol

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "Tie died" jeans.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by