1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eeek. 110 degrees!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MyNameIs86, Mar 3, 2012.

1. MyNameIs86

MyNameIs86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    So I just decided to go check on the eggs in the incubator and the heat. It was up to 110 or so! So I opened it for a few minutes to let out the heat. and lowered the temperature.

The incubator was at a steady 100 degrees until now w/o touching anything. and i'm curious to why it suddenly went up to 110?
    anybody?

also i am just incubating 1 dozen eggs and placed them on the first two racks. Does it matter where you put the eggs in the incubator if you aren't doing that many eggs? I probably should have asked this prior. lol.

2. meshellrose

meshellrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Arkansas
    yikes..mine did that the other day, our outside temps went up which I have no idea why that would affect an incubator that is in the house, but it did. the one went up to 106..the other stayed at 100.5

3. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Maybe sun shineing thru window on it .Suspect thermostat...cva34

4. meshellrose

meshellrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Arkansas

I personally suspect a kid messing with the buttons is what happened to mine

5. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    My incubator dropped all the way down to seventy degrees all the sudden right after I put in brahma eggs.I wanted to beat my head in[​IMG]. Later that day i called in and complained to the company and they told me to send it back. Hopefully I get it back before I'm ready to put more eggs in.

6. wowmanacat

wowmanacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oak Grove AR
    I had that happen my first hatch and still had a good hatch rate. I am having trouble with my brooder keep s good temp with the outside temp going hay wire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by