EEer a Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crayon, Jun 20, 2011.

1. crayon

crayon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Here is my EEer Pot Pie... No worries I am a no kill chicken lover! [​IMG]

I am 99% sure it is a roo- he is 5 weeks old and my 2 girls look very different than his one. Any other guesses? I am totally cool with him being a roo- I had ordered one roo. But I will say he is my most pushy and grumpy chick I have... Such an attitude!

[​IMG]

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Too young to tell for sure. That color is usually more of a pullet color, no pink in the comb, yet. I think you're going to have a wait a bit yet, to tell for sure. [​IMG]

3. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Quote:I agree. He/she's beautiful though! And [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Yeah no red at all- my SLW are getting red now and I have 3 BRs (all the same age) that are for sure girls (the BRs). My SWL are all now showing some red comb colors- so not sure. This one is just more straggly feather wise than my other two.. Maybe my other two are roos!!! lol... My other two EEers are plum and look like hens already! This one is beautiful colors tho! If he/she let me hold him/her then I may like this one a bit more! [​IMG]

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Good possibility it's a cockeral, but the only real indicator I'm looking at is the thick legs. Really hard to make out the comb, but it looks like a wider roo one.
    EEs are rather slow to develop, in my experience.

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Take another pic in 2-3 weeks and we should be able to tell you. [​IMG]

7. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Quote:Yeah that is why I was thinking a roo too- his upper legs are thicker than my other two- and also he is so straggly on his neck compared to my other two- I will go get another pic and see if I can get one with one of the others.

8. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I agree, pictures in a few weeks will be the tie-breaker. However, I hate to say it, but red EE females do not feather their colors in that way. If it is female, it'd be a really unusual one.

My vote is roo.

9. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Quote:Pele- no worries- I am totally cool with it being a roo- and LEARNING what signs and coloring is unique to each bird/sex.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by