Eek. I just noticed a big ole walnut...

Amy Carter

Songster
Nov 10, 2017
MA/NH border
Here is Muppet. She has a head like a dandelion so I was feeling secure in her womanhood. Today i noticed this big fat comb that had gone unnoticed because it blended with her (his?) beak. I know it's been asked many tines before but...here it goes...is my Muppy a girl or a dude?
Thanks, chicken friends...

Attachments

• 20171211_194027.jpg
    20171211_194027.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20171211_194104.jpg
    20171211_194104.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 25
Would you please post a photo of bird facing forward with crest pulled or held back, to display full extent of comb? Hard to tell when surrounded by feathers.

How old??
I did brush it back trying to get a better view but I can do better. That's the other hard part...I have no idea because I adopted her from a woman who had so many poorly cared for birds she didnt know ages etc. And Muppet was ragged and matted and small so she's grown a little since then but that may only have been because she was undernouraished. She and her sister are soooo small and staying that way. She has black wattles hidden in there. So both age and sew are a mystery. She honks (it's not a crow or a buck buck) and makes wooky noises. I'll try for a pic later...

She looks girly to me but with some silkies you have to wait until they crow or lay an egg!

Back
Top Bottom