Eek, why is the name 'Wilson' on your egg?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Snozzle, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Ok so chickens are so much smarter then I thought. I felt bad today when I took my little Bellas(dutch game bantam) egg away after she had just laid it to save them for my friend to hatch. Bella looked at me with sad eyes and I felt so bad. I found an old 'Wilson' brand golfball in the yard and thought it looks enough like an egg, maybe she will think that's hers. I laid it in the nest and Cicero her beautiful mate walks over eying the thing with his head sharply tilted. I watch him step into the nest standing right over the ball staring at it. Then my tiny roo pecks at it once and lets a screech out that I have never heard from him, part anger, part confused and part blame was in his voice. Cicero then begins to yank all the hay out of the nest, picking it apart. So I grab the ball quickly and hide it. I can only imagine the talk the two had after this 'who is this wilson guy and why did you have this ugly dimply egg with him?' Lol

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

3. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Omg thats TOO funny!! I wish you got it on video. Instant classic! Thanks for sharing.

4. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    [​IMG]

5. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    I wish I could have recorded it too, but I didn't expect such a reaction from him. He has the funniest voice, he makes little squawk noises that sound like Mikey Mouse laughing and his crow could be mistaken for a rusty gate opening, so you can only imagine the screech he made. He is such an odd little guy, but I love watching these 2 so much, tiny birds with huge personalities

6. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    That is too funny!! Chickens are great entertainment aren't they? [​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Whose egg is that, my dear? [​IMG]

8. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011