EEs, Ameracaunas, and Auracaunas WINNERS!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by HorseFeathers, Feb 5, 2009.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    First and foremost, everyone who entered their birds in the contest is a winner in my book. Your contribution of beautiful chickens made this contest bloom and grow. Thank you all, and let's have a round of applause for all who entered!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, thank you to my wonderful judges; brooster, Chookies Rox, and mario49. I couldn't have done it without you!

Now: Would you like to know the winners? Yes? All right then. Here are the winners for:

The Egg Category
    Third Place: Mahonri, with Sunshine the EE's egg (middle). It is so cute!
    [​IMG]

Second Place: L&Schickens's pile of eggs. They are so pretty! I love the olive coloring.
    [​IMG]

First Place: cottagegarden's pure Ameracauna eggs! Wins hands-down. Stunning coloration, they seem to glow. Beautiful!
    [​IMG]

The Chick Category
    Third Place: GracefulBantams with her pure Ameracauna chick. Such unusual coloring! I wonder what color it will turn out to be?
    [​IMG]

Second Place: Birch Run Farm with Jeckle, Auracauna. Look out, beneath that fuzzy fluff lurks a big ole attitude ready to pop out in the teenage years!
    [​IMG]

First Place: Felicitas's adorable and well-focused photo of her EE chick!
    [​IMG]

The Best Coloration Category
    Third Place: SterlingAcres and Cedric. All I can say is, Awwww!
    [​IMG]

Second Place: SterlingAcres and Voldemort! I laughed so hard at the name, and it does suit him! Stunning.
    [​IMG]

First Place: L&Schickens and Stripie! Wow! What can you say besides the obvious? STUNNING!
    [​IMG]

The Funniest Fluff-face Category
    Third Place: wilds of pa and Sparks. He is adorable and I love it how it looks like he is winking.
    [​IMG]

Second Place: jossanne with Harriet. Great picture of a beautiful chicken. She's so cute and fluffy.
    [​IMG]

First Place: crazy huhn's Colonel Sanders! LOL LOL LOL!!!! The title of this category is Funniest Fluff face and i think the description fits perfectly!
    [​IMG]

The Beautiful Bird Category
    Third Place: Speckledhen and Snow. Beautiful is right! I love the streaks in her otherwsie white plumage.
    [​IMG]

Second Place: tfpets and Mr. Wheatie, the Blue Wheaten Ameracauna. What a pretty boy... ahem, HANDSOME boy!
    [​IMG]

First Place: Smartie_Pants's EE hen! Beautiful!
    [​IMG]

The Best Photo Category
    Third Place: cottagegarden's Jet. Superb photo and beautiful bird!
    [​IMG]

Second Place: FrontPorchIndiana's Old One-Eyed Calico Jack! What a character! I love this pic because he doesn't know the camera isn't the wall! Adorable!
    [​IMG]

First Place: Jillylam's Sherry! So cute! She looks so shy and the shrubbery adds a nice touch.
    [​IMG]

AND NOW

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR:

*drumroll please*

Our Best of Show award, to whom will go our prize, one ChickenSketch,

Is.....

FrontPorchIndiana and Little Jack Scallywag!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Hooray! You are the well-deserving winner. He's beautiful and the photos are superb. Congratulations everybody! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw,. thanks for loviing my sweet Snow Angel!

3. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Wooo Hoo for my chick pic, the highest I have scored in an on line show!!!!

I think your grand prize winner, Little Jack Scallywag was an excellent choice, he is BEAUTIFUL! I love his color.

Congrats everyone!

4. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
  5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    That's great cottagegardens!

6. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Thank YOU for giving us the incentive to take pictures and the opportunity to show them off!

7. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my goodness, I am so honored! So many wonderful photos of so many beautiful birds! [​IMG]

8. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    WEll done winners!

9. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Whoo Hoo! What beautiful birds, and Mr. Wheatie is Proud!! 2nd place in his first show too!! Not bad!!

Thanks! Tina/tfpets

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

All I can say is WOW. I'm amazed everytime I come on BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by