EE's : Black x Wheaten = ?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I've been looking for a roo for my Black Olive Egger hens & it seems like Wheaten is the only kind anyone around here has.(been looking at Ameracauna's & EE roos).

Anyone know what color chicks i would get from this color cross?

Black w/possible brown hints.

Both Wheaten and Duckwing (what many EE's are) are recessive to extended black, so the first generation will just mimic Brown-Red/Black Copper or just look black.

But if your Olive Eggers are also carrying a recessive Wheaten, you'll end up with a little portion/chance of colorful chicks.

My olive eggers came from the local auction. Was a box of 14 chicks, all black as chicks and jet black still so i don't know if they carry any other genetics.

So the chicks will be mostly black probably? with hints of red/brown on their necks/saddle/tails? I would ideally liek to add some more black oe/ee's but i've never found any chicks for sale around here.

You're in Orting? Well, I'm not that far from you and there's a lady over near Aberdeen also who does Olive Eggers. My F1's are blue and black, hers too. If you want to continue that route.

But yes, to the main question.

Back
Top Bottom