1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE's first egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NewToFarming, Nov 17, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I found my EE pullet laid her first egg today!! I was so excited to find this beautiful egg in the nest!!!

[​IMG]

2. grandmas Nest

grandmas Nest Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Newcastle, Wy
    [​IMG] Aren't they great. I love my colored eggs.

3. J.Pryce

J.Pryce Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Ypsilanti
    Congrats. How old is she. I'm still waiting on my first EE eggs, mine should be laying soon. I think mine are 20-24 weeks old.

4. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    She just turned 24 weeks old on Monday. I have another EE pullet the same age that didn't lay yet but I think she will very soon. It seemed their combs turned red just a few days ago and on the weekend my roo was showing her all the nesting places so I think he knew it would be soon too! [​IMG] Your girls will probably be very soon but if you see her comb turns more red all of a sudden, it won't be long!

5. lisafri

lisafri Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2010
    Congratulations!!!! It is a great feeling is it not? Our 2 EE's just layed our first eggs ever at 25 weeks! We have had 4 eggs total since Saturday. They are all green. Our 2 Rhode Island Reds have not laid yet. I thought that would be the other way around but I am sure they will all get around to it [​IMG]

Lisa

6. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    That's so pretty! Congratulations!

7. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Can you believe I went out later and there was another pretty egg waiting for me??!! So both of my EE's laid their first egg on the same day! It sure has been a day today!!!

8. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    CONGRATS! I get green eggs from my EEs too! Love them and the green eggs! [​IMG]

9. Lyon3mchics

Lyon3mchics Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    Awesome!! Our EE laid her first egg this past Friday. Our other two girls (well I think, two girls;)) haven't laid yet.

Congrats!!!!

10. cackleberrycoop

cackleberrycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    What a glorious, gorgeous egg! First eggs are so special.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by