1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE's from Ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by NickyPick, Nov 6, 2010.

1. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Are the EE's from Ideal known for having muffs & beards? I'm finding myself totally entranced with the look of these birds. [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yes, they are. Most Easter Eggers from Ideal have muffs and beards and are the typical Wild-type BBR coloring, although Ideal, like a couple other hatcheries, has also been introducing blue to their stock, so they're a sort of blue breasted red now.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Not a good pic but its Ideal EEs
    [​IMG]

4. NickyPick

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I like those feeders, but are they covered? Otherwise, I would think they would fill with water when it rains?

The most common EE color, at least from what I can tell - the brown with the black. Does that color have a name?

5. Charm1704

Charm1704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Elgin, Tx
    I ordered my EE from them! I get a rainbow of beautiful eggs. about 14 a day from 18 hens. [​IMG] ~Charm1704

6. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Yes, at least all of mine did. Here are some of my EEs from Ideal:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry you can barely see them in this picture
    [​IMG]

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Wildtype BBR (black breasted red) is the closest it is to, but since so many Easter Eggers are "brown and black" it depends which pattern you're referring to. Also remember, EE's a mutts, so none except Whites actually have a true color. I've seen a couple Silver Duckwings, but those are kind of rare to find from hatcheries.

8. NickyPick

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    The pattern I seem to see the most in the pictures of EE's is like Munk's (of Munk & Joon fame). I'm planning on ordering from Ideal in early spring and EE's are definitely on my list!

9. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    IMHO Cackle has the best looking EE's. All of mine from Ideal had to be destroyed because of feet and leg problems.

10. Tbird84

Tbird84 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Corapeake, NC
    That rooster kinda looks like mine does.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by