EE's or Ameraucanas

ceg101202

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 15, 2009
I have a dozen Ameraucana's, or so I thought. Whats the difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas. And whats the difference between an Auracana and an Ameraucana?? Confused in Texas

Oh Jean, where are you?

Short answer: Big difference.

Best answer: www.ameraucana.org for all you want to know.

Quick answer to help: Ameraucana is a recognized APA Breed. EE is a mutt and not recognized. EE is a cross between anything and an Ameraucana or an Araucana.

I expect the Ameraucana Police will drop by shortly and may give you more info. LOL

Hope that helps.

God Bless,

Ameraucana Police
clap.gif

I was researching the breeds and saw the "police" on here...lol
Hope they help you! Look for other posts too..theres lots of Info if you search! Good luck! If you find any in Central Kentucky for sale, let me know!
big_smile.png

If you aren't sure then odds are they are EE. Unless you buy from certain breeders they are EE. All the hatchery birds that lay colored eggs are EE. Personally it's a small difference to me. I don't show and I really don't care so long as it lays blue and green eggs. I actually dislike the muffs and tail less rumps anyway.
tongue.png

Quote:
Araucanas are tail-less and have ear tufts, which are little feathers that grow out of the side of the head. They usually have yellow skin.

Ameraucanas have a tail, muffs & beards and have white skin.

There are other little things also, but the ones listed above are the ones you can see right off.

Sometimes breeders do have tailed and clean faced araucanas that they use to breed with as there are some chromosomal issues that make breeding difficult. But for show quality it is not allowed.

Ameraucanas lay various shades of blue from pastel to blue green. We have a few hens from different breeders and they all lay a different blue. If that is something you are seriously interested in you could request shell fragments before you buy. Jean(above) has excellent birds and has been working towards and achieving stunning egg color.

Back
Top Bottom