EE's or Ameraucanas...?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vegaschick, Dec 8, 2009.

1. vegaschick

vegaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Bought these two from a local lady billed as Ameraucanas. I love them and don't care if they are or not just want to know. They haven't laid yet so egg color isn't a help.

Delores
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and Amelia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Those are beautiful EE's [​IMG]:

3. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I have heard that you can tell more by the eggs that are only blue and Easter Eggers have multi-colors. But I personally don't have a clue. Check out this website http://www.ameraucana.org/index.html

4. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    I dont think I have ever seen one of these threads where the person actually had Ameracuanas/Aracuanas.. they always turned out with EE's

personally, I cant tell Ameracuanas.. sorry

5. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    They look like beautiful EE, very pretty colors.

6. jprice2ndlt

jprice2ndlt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Hodges, S.C.
    Love those EE's

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I love your pics .. they really capture their beauty!!

8. cap1717

cap1717 6 chooks, 1 slave. . . me!

Jun 12, 2009
    Quote:and the reason for this; Those hatcheries that sell E.E.'s sell them as Ameraucauna's, and unless one has priior experience, the new chicken owner will believe what they are told. Can't really blame the newbies, but I do wish the hatcheries were more "up front" about it!

9. vegaschick

vegaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Quote:I checked out the photos on this site and Amelia looks like the Silver Female to me. Hmmm.

10. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Quote:I checked out the photos on this site and Amelia looks like the Silver Female to me. Hmmm.

She is also an EE... Yes, she is the same color but check out the pattern on the feathers of the Silver Am they are more uniform...Even the pick of the Silver in the feathersite is more of a uniform pattern. The pattern on your EE is chaotic and not the same type of pattern. They are both very pretty girls though... My brown one is identical to yours... She lays a pretty blue/green egg.

jeslewmazer EEs can lay blue, blue/green eggs too(both of mine lay blue eggs), as well as any other color so you can't tell by the egg color whether they are true Ams or not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by