EEs, Orps, BAs, Hybrids, SSs - Interesting Barnyard Mix - 12+ Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Reyvaughn, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I didn't know if anyone would be interested in these, but I am really curious to know what you can get out of these eggs. I thought maybe someone needs some test eggs or something and I decided to offer these to whoever may be interested.

I am getting 12-18 eggs a day from these girls and the eggs will be no older than 2 days at the time of shipping.

You know the normal disclaimers - I can not be responsible for your hatching rates nor how the USPS handles your package but I will do my best to pack these eggs so they get to you in one piece.

Now, I only have pics of the boys right now. I am seriously slacking on getting updated pictures, so I will post pictures of the girls tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (A couple of the girls made an appearance - a TT, AL and a BA).

I have 4 Orpington cockerels (3 blue, 1 black split lav) from SQ stock and one LF blue Cochin cockerel from Tom Roebuck lines covering this hodge-podge flock. The Cochin has just begun to get "active" so I am not sure how much he could be adding to the mix.

The boys are with 6 black Australorp, 2 buff Orpington, 5 Red Sexlinks, 3 Amberlinks, 3 Tetra Tints, 5 Easter Eggers, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 Old English Game Bantam (not sure if she's laying though - she was just broody), 1 Golden Sebright and 2 clean faced Lav Orp/Blue Ameraucana (they are white with lav like spots) pullets. I am not sure if the Orp/Ameraucana pullets are laying, but I am getting some new creamy, almost pale blue colored eggs I never got before. I expected those eggs to be olive, though. If you are not interested in the bantam eggs (OEGB and GSB), I will exclude them.

I am moving this weekend, so this will be the only time I offer these eggs. I will be splitting my breeds up in separate pens for spring breeding at the new place.

*** I am not NPIP, but all my birds have come from NPIP breeders and hatcheries.***

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I might be interested as I am looking for eggs for the NYD hatch and I don't mind mutts. They should be able to get here by December 11th, right? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Yes, they would be there in plenty of time!

4. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I'm sorry I haven't gotten pics of the girls yet. I don't know if I will be able to at all. We have spent our first night in the new house, but I am not moving the girls until this auction is ended so they don't decide to stop laying while I need to ship out eggs! I will see how things go today, but we have a lot to do again today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by