1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EEs?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by desertgirl, May 19, 2009.

1. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    So, as far as I can ascertain, there is really no way to know what my EE will look like when it arrives in a couple of weeks? There seems to be a huge variation of colors.....[​IMG]

2. chirpchirp

chirpchirp Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    Michigan
    i dont think so - i have a few coming in june and wonder the same, but i think that theres no way to tell - esp if they come from a hatchery. would love to hear some respsonses though.

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I think they come in MANY different colors from what I have seen. I have three that the hatchery called Americana's. The picture below is my three (the darker ones). One has more brown in her feathers then the other and the third is kind of gray with white. Maybe blue? I think she is going to be the prettiest.

[​IMG]

4. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    Karrie13, Your chicks look just like mine did when she was younger. Here is what she looks like now (at just over a month old):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ChickieNikki

ChickieNikki Chillin' With My Peeps

I had the same question...researched it and found this...

my chicks that look like this...
    [​IMG]

are blue wheaten and will grow up to look like the one on post 18 at this link....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=368468

and my chicks that look like this...
    [​IMG]

are silver and will grow up to look like the other one on post 18 at this link...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=368468

It's so neat to have the little mystery of what the'll look like! I think the blue wheaten is beautiful--I hope they don't bleach out in the sun!

6. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    That is really helpful-thanks! Can't wait to see what arrives (hopefully they look like one of those two. I hate suprises![​IMG]).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by