1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EEs?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Aug 29, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I had posted these little guys a week ago, wondering if anyone knew what they might be. Both of their feet seem to be turning a shade of green now. Is it possible that both are EEs?

I have 2 like this...EE or Phoenix?
    [​IMG]

and 3 like this...Possible EE?
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

The top ones sure looks like an EE to me. Ours had darker coloring but the same pretty green legs, barred wings and thick pea comb nose at that age.

What cuties!

~Phyllis

3. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    The only thing throwing me with them is that they seem to have a single comb, not the flat/rose comb that EEs usually have.

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have an unusual EE. She has yellow legs and a comb that looks like a cross between pea and single. I'd say they are probably EEs, but then I don't know anything about Phoenix so I'm not a good judge on that.

Here is my Luna, yellow legs and all:
    [​IMG]

5. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Awww she's so pretty!

You get a great deal at the auctions, but not knowing what the heck you are buying can be frustrating lol. Luckily I love them all, just hopefully they won't all turn out to be roos.

6. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    i vote easter eggers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by