efowl.com

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by nhorrin, May 18, 2011.

1. nhorrin

nhorrin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2011
    Does anyone know if efowl.com hatches their own chicks or gets them from other hatcheries?

Thanks!

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    They are a drop shipper (buy from other hatcheries) AND they steal pics from BYC members to represent their stock! I will never buy from them. [​IMG]

3. number1fishroom

number1fishroom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    :)Im not sure if they are a drop shipper or not, but I just got an order of call ducks from them. I ordered 15 they sent 17 and only 1 was DOA. I am very pleased with them. Everybody knows how difficult call ducks are to ship but they were well packed and even made it though a cold snap. They are even smaller then the call duckling we hatched out. Sorry to hear about other peoples misfortune, but right now my orders are going to them instead of Ideal.[​IMG]

4. nhorrin

nhorrin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2011
    Thanks, I thought they might be a drop shipper. I will stick with Ideal or another direct hatchery.

5. jumpstart

jumpstart New Egg

Jun 14, 2011
    Not sure about the drop-shipping either, but our family's experience with efowl has been a good one!
    All were healthy and alert and beautiful!
    I was getting nervous about them from reading some bad reviews online, but I'm relieved to say our 17 plus one chicks are doing great!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:If you can see your chick box, the postal stamp, you can see where the chicks came from. Where did they come from?

7. jumpstart

jumpstart New Egg

Jun 14, 2011
    It says that they were mailed from Lebanon, Missouri.
    Not too long of a trip for the little gals. [​IMG]

8. jumpstart

jumpstart New Egg

Jun 14, 2011
    I can see how that would be very frustrating! I'm sorry they took your pics.
    When I visited the site to order, all their pictures looked like they had been drawn by someone. Probably the safer way to go!
    I can't speak for other people, just relating my experience with efowl - and it's been good!

9. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    fattie... sorry about your misfortune. people can chose to go there if they wish, obviously people had good luck with them. i would almost be honored if they used my pics... a little angry because they stole but honored because they obviously liked your birds and your pics. they changed the pics anyway, dont hold a grudge:)

10. Momaha

Momaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Sooner Nation WWHQ
    Quote:Cackle Hatchery is located in Lebanon, MO and shipping via USPS since 1936. I have not heard of efowl and can't speak to that but I highly recommend Cackle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by