efowl silkie chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tamarking1980, Apr 13, 2012.

1. tamarking1980

tamarking1980 New Egg

Apr 13, 2012
    Has anyone ever ordered any silkie chicks from efowl? I really wanted cute fuzzy chickens, but the more i research, the more i hear they will more than likely be of poor quality. I cannot find any close to where i live, so i went ahead and ordered some before i researched...and i'm just really hoping they are what i'm expecting. Any thoughts???

2. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I have asked about Efowl on here before, and most people say it's not a good idea since Efowl is not their own hatchery and get their birds from other facilities just like Mypetchicken.com, and Randall Burkey Company. One you could try is Welp Hatchery. I hear good reviews, and they have no shipping costs, but have a minimum of 25 chicks and 5 birds of each variety. But they have a huge selection and are really friendly!

3. tamarking1980

tamarking1980 New Egg

Apr 13, 2012
    Well, i wish i hadn't already ordered. I only wanted about 4 or 5, but ended up ordering 15, with plans to get rid of the rest. I'm hoping i can pick at least 6 decent looking ones out..and cross my fingers they're not all roosters..lol

4. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    lol Silkies are REALLY hard to sex. Usually you have to wait until the egg or the crow. My friend kept a silkie rooster for 6 month thinking it was a hen. It didn't show any rooster characteristics until one day "cock-a-doodle-doo I'm a boy!" lol Good luck with your chicks :)

5. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    eFowl and Strombergs aren't really hatcheries as they are more than likely distribute chicks from hatcheries like Ideal Poultry and Murray Mcmurray Hatchery. You can call eFowl to cancel your order if you wish to.

6. tamarking1980

tamarking1980 New Egg

Apr 13, 2012
    Thank you..I'm trying to figure out what to do now..I just know know I'll be really disappointed if they look weird

7. jess5254

jess5254 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Maine
    After all the talk about efowl on byc I cancelled my order last week about three days before my order was due to ship and they did so with no penalty fee.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by