eFowl?

duckluv

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Ohio
I'm thinking about ordering ducks from eFowl.com. I live in Ohio and I'm not sure where they are. I think I will be ordering 10 ducklings. Has anyone else ever done it? And if you have, were the birds healthy, or what? Help is appreciated.

I think I heard that they use stolen pictures off the internet to market their birds.
hmm.png

It depends on what breed you are looking for. E-Fowl has been known to have ducklings dropped shipped from various farms nationwide. There have been some issues with them using images of birds they don't own, and the owners did not give them permission for the photos either. Sometimes they screw up and you get not what you wanted, especially when it comes to the ducklings sex. I've read tons of strange stories here. Then you also hear the good stories. www.metzerfarms.com has a very good reputation for pet quality. www.holderread.com has top of the line, but usually has a waiting lists going. www.idealpoultry.com is also known to be fine. There are still other companies out there.

I just got 2 runner ducklings from Metzer in CA. I'm in Maryland. They arrived safe and healthy and that was in the middle of August. Only took 2 days. I'm really happy with Metzer so far.

All of our ducks came in twos from metzers... Metzer's is wonderful! When My first duck, Ming Mei came, her little buddy ducky had died within the first week and Metzer made it right and sent me another two (How I got victor, I gave the other duckling away). Vinny and ollie came together (Although I adopted them when they were 8 months old) And then our little Moxy and Norie came from them as well. I've had shipments in July, August, December, and March (Pretty much all weather) and everyone came out great. that first duck that died had a undetected birth defect (He looked fine at first but grew sicker, rare).

I've heard bad thinga about e-fowl... especially about them adding extras, not getting the sexes right, and screwing up breeds. Oh and stealing Fattie's pictures....
sad.png
BOO!!!

i dont know anything about the quality of their ducks... but since you live in ohio you might wanna check out meyer hatchery... if you're within driving distance you could just pick them up in person

Back
Top Bottom