Efowl?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by EmAbTo48, Jan 22, 2012.

1. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Anyone ever gotten geese from them?

I was looking at a pair of Sebastopol geese from them.

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    From what I was told they are middle men resellers. Why not buy some from a breeder directly? There are many of us on here with them, as well as the Sebastopol forum too. You would pay less, have better service, and better quality.

3. Sean S.

Sean S. Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Sidney, NY
    I have two pairs of curly whites that came from Metzers Hatcheries last spring they seem to be very healthy. They were shipped right on the scheduled date and arrived in NY next day very lively. I would recommend you check out their website.

4. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    i would not go through them they are way over priced on evety thing and like celticoaksfarm said you will get better quality, better service and a lot cheaper prices

good luck on finding a pair of sebbies you can also try www.smokeyriversebastopolgeese.com her prices are very cheap great quality and her flock come from holderreds a yearling pair of saddleback sebbies is $175

5. wagoncab

wagoncab Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Charlotte
    I was going to order from their "Assortment" section where there is no minimum. I think I was ordering 6-12 assorted ducks. When I got to the checkout, they had added on extra stuff and my total was going to be $118.00!!!!!!
    I sent them an email and told them I would not be ordering from them.
    Cindy

6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    There are a lot of good goose breeders in that part of the country. You might be able to find your goslings locally.

7. kimberly35042

kimberly35042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    Central Alabama
    I believe Metzer is sold out for the season and Holderreads dispersed their flock late last year. I was lucky and found a 2 yr. old flock within driving distance. Like the others have said, there are several reputable breeders with beautiful rare colors that should have goslings for sale in a few weeks. Good luck!
    Kim

[​IMG]

8. littledear

littledear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Cabot, Arkansas
    I agree with the others I would buy from the breeders close by if possible. I ordered eggs from e-bay the first time and that worked out okay for me to incubate them. I was very lucky that the eggs were handled correctly and the majority of them hatched. You may want to check with Tractor supply and the feed stores in your area as they often get in fowl for sale.

9. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    They are middle men for chickens, but not for other fowl, according to their website. We ordered chicks from them last year and were very pleased with the order. The chicks actually came from Cackle Hatchery. They have a 100% sex guarantee, which is why we ordered from them. That said, only 1 was incorrectly sexed out of 17 (we also ordered Polish, sold only in straight run.) I also found them very responsive whenever I had a question.

10. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Sorry to say, but all the birds they have listed on their site comes from a private breeder or hatchery. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by