1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Egg 1000 th

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Honomi, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Honomi

Honomi Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2013
    Cornwall, England
    I've got the 1000th egg today. That's between my two Warren since the first egg on July 23rd 2013. 1000 eggs between two hens In a year and a half is truly extraordinary!
    I just wanted to show a picture and celebrate their success. Although as you can see Tikka's egg 999 shows what a struggle it must have been for her. Well done girls, Tikka and Masala.
    Does anybody keep count how many eggs you got?

[​IMG]

2. Cheryls

Cheryls Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2013
    Yes I do count! At the end of every month, I say to my family.... Ok it's the last day of month, so how many eggs did mama get? They all guess but they do make fun of me!
    So on New Year's Day I had all four daughters with their boyfriends over. I put out a very nice (homemade ) gift basket. It was a 75.00 valve. It had different kinds of candy and gift cards in it. I then said ... Ok it's the end of the year so how many eggs did mama get this whole year? The winner (not going over but the closest) wins the basket! No one made fun! They were in it to win it! Lol

3. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    That is amazing, 1000 eggs from two chickens!!!

I was not keeping count for a couple of months, but I decided to start strong with the new year. I was amazed when I counted how much my 10 laying pullets have given me in a month. I like to say that they make the cats look downright lazy!

4. Eagleeyeice

Eagleeyeice Chillin' With My Peeps

Cats are lazy. My cat is telling me that it is time to go to bed. All she does all day is sleep and sit in the window and watch the squirrels and birds. [​IMG]
    my hens are working on their 5th dozen eggs. 3 out of 7 are laying so far. Started on Thanksgiving day.

5. Honomi

Honomi Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2013
    Cornwall, England
    I had egg # 1001 and 1002 today, just like yesterday's shape. We should keep count eggs as long as possible. [​IMG]
    I think that egg counting game is brilliant, I'll do that when I have dinner party next.

6. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    I agree, I love the idea from Cheryls to make a contest out of it. I can force my relatives in being interested in hearing about the chickens! Haha!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by