Egg # 3 - We have a pattern, every 5 days we get one.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mommy 2 Wee Ones, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Well, this afternoon my girls & I went out to give the chickens the left over stew, as we passed the coop, I saw one of the golf balls was out of the nest. So I told my oldest to go & put it back in the nest. All of a sudden she screamed "Momma I found an egg"![​IMG]
    So my hen Fiesta has a 5 day laying pattern going on, first egg was Thurs Sept 1st, second egg was Tues. Sept 6th, and today.

[​IMG]
    Katheryn holding egg #3

[​IMG]
    Egg #3 is by the white store bought eggs, and egg #2 is down by itself.

2. Obyli

Obyli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    California Torrance
    mine started laying 3 days ago and i am getting an egg a day.

3. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Lucky YOU!!![​IMG]

4. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:every 5 days? wow she is a slow one LOL, mine lay every day. I have 5 chickens, 4 lay daily and the 5th has not laid yet. im thinking she is a jersey giant LOL

5. Twiggers96

Twiggers96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2011
    Arcadia, FL
    Mommy 2 Wee Ones - do you think the hen is laying eggs out in the yard somewhere?
    Every five days is quite a pattern!
    What breed of chicken is this?

6. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Twiggers 96, no because they are only let out in their run, which is 20 x 20. And when I do let them out to free range, it is later in the afternoon. I usually find my eggs before noon, and this one was in the nest box, I was so proud!

My 9 hens & 1 roo are only 20 weeks as of Wed. so to get one to lay an egg this early, I am thrilled. My BO are just now starting to get their waddles, very small and pink. So my count down for them is close to Halloween. What surprised me was how big my Light Brahmas are getting, they are bigger than some of my BO who are a month older that they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by