Egg and Chicken sales

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jarcoo0153, Jan 30, 2012.

1. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    Just out of curiosity what it the most you have made from selling your eggs in a year?
    And do you ever keep up with what you make from chicken and chick sales?

I almost made $800 last year from eggs, and close to $250 from chickens and chicks!

2. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    Im going to start keeping up with it next year. I'm getting 40 new chicks this year to add to my flock of 28. But since they won't really get a full year in until 2013 that's when I'm going to really start to keep track. I hope I make some. $800 sounds like a lot, which is awesome!

3. tinalibnania

tinalibnania Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2011
    Detroit
    I made my neighbors wake up in the middle of Detroit verrrry early with rooster crows and egg songs.....Priceless?.....[​IMG]

4. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    Well I almost have 50 chickens and have ben gettin two dozen a day!
    Last january I got 138 eggs for the month and this year I got 249.
    I just have one problem my egg business is growing so fast! I have had to put ppl on a waiting list.

5. frmwfe

frmwfe New Egg

Jan 31, 2012
    wow, that's alot of eggs. What is your feed bill like? and how much do you sell them for? if you don't mind my asking?

6. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

We keep precise records. Every expense is noted. We even factor the electricity for heating the water bowls and brooding. No sense pretending the expenses aren't real. We account for every bale of straw, every cube of shavings, and every sack of feed.

There's a "profit" of about $1 a dozen, but then, I work for only $.20 an hour, so getting rich isn't part of the deal. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by