Egg Appetizers?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by jettgirl24, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Hi All -

I have a party coming up at the barn where I board my horse and I'm bringing an appetizer. I really want to bring something made with my chickens' eggs but I'm having trouble thinking of something to make. I want the egg to be the focus of the appetizer rather than just being an ingredient but I don't really want to do deviled eggs, I'd like something a little more interesting! The crowd is pretty upscale so something that I can present in a pretty way would be good. We have a kitchen type area in the lounge but no oven/stove for warming so it should be something I can make ahead of time and that I don't need to keep heated.

Any ideas?

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Egg Salad/Egg Salad Dip

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  3. AllyRodrigues

AllyRodrigues Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Or what about deviled eggs, but with an interesting twist? I saw several recipes recently where the mix involved bluecrab claws, smoked salmon, hummus...???

Mini-quiches?

4. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Yes, fancy deviled eggs would be good. I have seen recipes with horseradish..yum! Or mini quiches are always nice.

5. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Minnie quiches sound good, could you heat up your large crock pot and put the hot cooked quiches in it to keep at a safe serving temp? Maybe layering paper towels between layers to keep the steam moisture down so they don't get soggy?

6. ChickiKat

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Quote:sounds like something that might work.

7. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    It's hard to beat deviled eggs made with fresh free range eggs. But add a pop by mixing with your yolk either smoked spanish or hungarian paprika, berbere spice, ground fenegruk seed or jalapeno relish.

8. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  9. ChickiKat

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    This sounds good:

Mini Wonton Quiches

Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes | Makes: 2 dozen
    What You Need
    24 wonton wrappers (3-1/4 x 3-inch)
    4 EGGS
    1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
    3 Tbsp. finely chopped ham (1 oz.)
    2 Tbsp. finely chopped green onion
    2 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
    Here’s How
    1.HEAT oven to 350°F. COAT 24 mini muffin cups (1-3/4 x 3/4-inch) with cooking spray. Gently PRESS 1 wonton wrapper into each cup, allowing ends to extend above edges of cup.
    2.BEAT eggs and flour in medium bowl until blended. ADD ham, green onion and bell pepper; mix. SPOON about 1/2 Tbsp. egg mixture into each wonton-lined muffin cup.
    3.BAKE in center of 350°F oven until filling is set, 12 to 15 minutes.

10. EM Squared Farms 2

EM Squared Farms 2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2011
    FL
    Scrambled eggs with tomato and onion chives all mixed together is really good. the tomatoes have to be diced up though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by