egg bid

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by key west chick, Feb 5, 2009.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I was looking into registering for egg bid and have a question. When bidding, whats the difference in a regular bid and a proxy bid? I want to be able to quit if the price gets to high.

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    in a proxy bid you just put the highest you want to bid and it will bid for you up to that amount. Don't put in more than you're willing to pay.

3. lichick28

lichick28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    KeyWestChick: Let us know if you can actually register. I registered last week & I'm still waiting for my password. I missed out on really good silkies that I wanted

4. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I got registered! They e-mailed my conformation and stuff right away. I did it last night so maybe try again. Now I need a paypal account!

5. lichick28

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    I'm glade you got thru. I dont know what's wrong. They gave me a user ID#and said I would receive a temp password via email and then I should complete part 3 to register. I am not getting that password and I've emailed them 3 times with no response. I want some good birds so bad. watching the auction for the silkies last week made my heart pound out of my chest just waiting for my password with minutes left for the auction

6. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Yea, I think it told me they would send me my password within 24 hours but I got it almost right away. Maybe you should try again from the begining.

7. lichick28

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    I will, thanks

8. lichick28

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    I just went to try again & states free email domain is not permitted to register to protect the seller, so I guess I'm out of luck.

9. lichick28

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    Hey, KEY WEST CHICK I did it. I registered at eggbid I dont know why they dont accept free gmail but take free juno I'm so happy

10. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Now you need some eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by